Translate

March 25, 2024


Blog Prompt :    Dandelions

Dandelions! Curious lil things aren't they. Weed? Flower? Plant?  

Did you know the entire part of the dandelion can be eaten. I am not a doctor so do check with your physician before doing anything you find on a blog... 

Anything you pick outside should always be washed well. We don't want to eat pesticides, animal urine...

Dandelions are my favorite thing to see when Spring first bursts through the new grass. I always pick the very first one that I see. They are so bright and happy. 

Remember rubbing a dandelion under a friends chin. LOL 
I have read that the whole part of the dandelion is able to be consumed. Put on salad. It has natural medicinal properties. I really would not put the old blossom in my mouth though. Ya know the dead fuzzy one we blow away. *lol*
But fresh dandelions on your salad! Maybe in some home cooked soup. 

Dandelions are good antioxidants, aid in digestive issues and help with the immune system.
I don't know if there are different types of dandelions or not. I know I have picked and washed dandelions right out of my yard and put on a fresh spinach salad. 
Again - Investigate first. Stay safe. look things up before you consume them.



 

SpringUnicornKit sig

Tag: by me
©LadyMishka | VMA
Scrap Kit: TTD 'Spring Unicorn'

FCD | ATG | SGD | RAW | DGD | DDR | PFD
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some luv and glitter! xoxo

I CT For:

MVD

Moon Phase

My Weather

Stores I CT at:

Search This Blog

Followers